Stripper 1080A

HumiSeal® Stripper 1080A is a low toxicity solvent blend that dissolves cured HumiSeal® acrylic coatings without negatively affecting printed wiring board substrates or components. HumiSeal® Stripper 1080A is in full compliance with the RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC.

HumiSeal® Stripper 1080A is safe for use on epoxy markings, epoxy substrates, solder, copper, silver, gold and nickel plating. It will swell or dissolve polystyrene and vinyl.

Directions for Use
Immerse the component or printed circuit board assembly into HumiSeal® Stripper 1080A. The rate at which the existing coating will dissolve will depend upon its thickness and age. A cured acrylic coating of normal thickness should be completely dissolved within 30 minutes at room temperature. Use of additional heat is not required. Keep the container covered to prevent solvent evaporation.

After the existing coating has been removed, thoroughly wash the assembly in isopropyl alcohol, deionized water or other qualified cleaning process. Oven dry the assembly for a minimum of 30 minutes at 66°C prior to recoating.

Handling Precautions
HumiSeal® Stripper 1080A is flammable and the following standard safety precautions should be observed:

  • Use only in well ventilated areas.
  • Protective gloves and goggles should be worn.
  • In case of prolonged skin contact, wash with water.
  • In case of eye contact, flush with water followed by a diluted boric solution and contact physician.
  • Avoid prolonged breathing of vapours.
  • Unused portions of HumiSeal products must be disposed of in compliance with all applicable environmental regulations.
  • Consult the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS/SDS) for more specific product information.


Product Specification

Product Specification
Compatible HumiSeal® Coatings HumiSeal® Solvent Based Acrylics
Relative Evaporating Rate (BuAc=1) 0.6
Specific Gravity 0.90 ± .01
Flash Point (°C) TCC 25
Shelf Life, DOM 18 months
Colour Clear

Other products in this chemistry include:

To view SDS files you need to Login or Request Access.

Contact Us