UV 500 Product Family
UV 500 Product Family
Humiseal’s UV500 series conformal coatings represent the third generation of advancement in PCB protection technology. Building on the best qualities of previous product groups including UV40 and UV50, the 500 series advances performance in a number of key properties. UV500 products were designed to be more easily reworked than previously. They also provide the best performance to date in resistance to deformation or cracking under high cycle thermal and mechanical shock tests.
Properties of the UV500 product family include:
- UV curable with secondary moisture cure for shadow areas
- 100% Solids, no solvents, and no thinning required
- Superior resistance to thermal and mechanical shock
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Superior humidity and moisture resistance
- ROHS 2015/863 and China GB 30981-2020 compliant
Humiseal UV500-2 has been developed for improved thermal and mechanical shock performance as compared to previous generation products including UV40 and UV500. UV500-2 resists cracking when subjected to increased environmental cycle counts common in industries such as automotive and white goods. The coating is cured through the use of full spectrum UV lights (ARC or Microwave) and is designed with a reliable secondary moisture curing system for shadow areas. UV500-2 also retains many of the advantages of the original UV500 such as ease of re-workability, excellent chemical resistance, flexibility, and moisture vapor impermeability.
- Unique Features: Secondary Cure for Shadow Areas, superior chemical resistance
- Primary Applications: White Goods, Automotive, Aerospace, Industrial
- RoHS Directive 2015/863 and China GB 3090-2020 Compliant
- Require Full Spectrum (H Style) UV Light for Cure
HumiSeal® UV500 is a high solids UV dual cure elastomeric acrylate conformal coating. HumiSeal® UV500 exhibits excellent flexibility, moisture resistance and electrical insulation properties as well as good chemical resistance. The formulation allows chemical stripping using a dedicated stripper.
HumiSeal® UV500 is tack free after exposure to UV light and the secondary moisture cure mechanism will fully cure any unexposed areas of the coating within 7 days at ambient conditions. Cured HumiSeal® UV500 has higher flexibility compared to other UV curable conformal coatings, giving improved performance in thermal cycling tests.
Humiseal UV550 is a unique, elastomeric acrylate conformal coating that is both highly flexible and silicone free. UV550 has been designed and tested to resist cracking in thermal and mechanical cycling conditions of at least 1000 cycles. In addition, unlike previous iterations in the Humiseal series, UV550 can be fully cured through full spectrum UV lights (ARC or Microwave) as well as with adequate dosage single wavelength LED sources. UV550 is designed with a reliable secondary moisture curing system for shadow areas. UV500-2 also retains many of the advantages of the original UV500 such as ease of re-workability, excellent chemical resistance, flexibility, and moisture vapor impermeability.
HumiSeal® UV550 meets the following standards:
- Compliant with RoHS Directive EU 2015/863
- Compliant with China RoHS 2
- Compliant to China Standard GB30981-202