Polyurethane encapsulants are thermosetting resins characterized by high toughness and good adhesion to plastics, rubber, metals, and glass.
Most are quite flexible and have good resistance to water and solvents. All the listed products are two-part systems that can be stored at room temperature.
- Generally rigid and have excellent chemical resistance.
- Two-part liquid products cure at room temperature and will cure more quickly when heated.
- High cohesive strength and excellent adhesion to metals, ceramics, glass, rubber, and some plastics.
UV Acrylate Encapsulants
- Fast curing with exposure to UV light, typically in 30 seconds.
- Widely used for encapsulation and bonding clear plastics or glass.
- Range from quite flexible to rigid.