Chase’s asphalt additives (Rosphalt® R50 and Rosphalt® LT) create a 1-step waterproofing and wear protection course for bridges, roadways, tunnels, parking decks, ports, terminals, and other high traffic loading areas. The dry powder additive is combined in an asphalt plant with heated aggregate and liquid asphalt. The result is a highly modified mixture that exhibits elastomeric properties based on the thermoplastic nature of the polymer additive. Chase also offers a tack coat and edge sealing material as accessory products to complete the waterproofing system.
- Produced at lower temperatures than R50 additive
- Used in HMA mixes as a waterproof wearing or intermediate course
- Highly resistant to rutting and shoving
- Superior resistance to flexural fatigue
- Creates a highly modified elastomeric mixture
- Dry powder polymer added directly at HMA plant