HumiSeal® 1B31 aerosol conformal coating is:
- an acrylic chemistry
- fast drying
- single component
- MIL-I-46058C qualified, IPC-CC-830 and RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU compliant
HumiSeal 1B31 aerosol conformal coating has:
- excellent moisture and environmental protection for printed circuit assemblies
- excellent flexibility
- fluorescence under UV light for ease of inspection
- reworkability with ease
- RoHS Directive 2002/95/EC compliance
Application of 1B31 aerosolConformal Coating
- Allow 48 hours minimum to reach room temperature before using cans stored or received during cold weather.
- When applied in conditions of high ambient humidity, blushing (cloudy white film) may appear. Heating the coated assembly in an oven for 1/2 hour at 76°C eliminates this condition.
- Surface must be cleaned of dirt, wax, grease, flux residues and all similar contaminants for successful application of the coating.
- Mask areas not requiring coating from overspray using suitable non-silicone masking methods or materials.
- Shake can vigorously before using and repeat frequently during use.
- Best results are obtained by spraying from a distance of 30 – 40 cm in light even coats. A film thickness of 25 – 75 microns is sufficient to provide protection.
- To clean nozzle after use, hold can upside down, then press nozzle for a few seconds.
|Density, per ASTM D1475||0.91 ± 0.02 g/cm3|
|Solids Content, % by weight per Fed-Std-141, Meth. 4044||12 ± 1 %|
|Drying Time to Handle per Fed-Std-141, Meth. 4061||10 minutes|
|Recommended Coating Thickness||25 – 75 microns|
|Recommended Curing Conditions||24 hrs @ RT or 30 min @ 76°C|
|Time Required to Reach Optimum Properties||7 days|
|Recommended Stripper||Humiseal® Stripper 1080|
|Shelf Life at Room Temperature, DOM||24 months|
|Thermal Shock, 50 cycles per MIL-I-46058C||-65°C to 125°C|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion – TMA||170 ppm/°C below Tg340 ppm/°C above Tg|
|Glass Transition Temperature – DSC||14°C|
|Modulus – DMA||2000 MPa @ -40°C1050 MPa @ 20°C8.5 MPa @ 60°C|
|Dielectric Withstand Voltage, per MIL-I-46058C||>1500 volts|
|Dielectric Breakdown Voltage, per ASTM D149||7500 volts|
|Dielectric Constant, at 1MHz and 25°C per ASTM D150-98||2.5|
|Dissipation Factor, at 1MHz and 25°C per ASTM D150-98||0.01|
|Insulation Resistance, per MIL-I-46058C||8.0 x 1014 ohms (800TΩ)|
|Moisture Insulation Resistance, per MIL-I-46058C||6.0 x 1010 ohms (60GΩ)|
|Fungus Resistance, per ASTM G21||Passes|