Zapzorb SAP technologies have been used for decades for environmental applications that require rapid solidification of liquid-bearing wastes and contaminated media. Characteristics include:
- Variable particle sizes available
- Applications include sludge, sediment, drilling mud, etc.
- Superior Efficiency = Cost Savings
ZapLoc is the original solidifier for use in medical and food testing applications. Zap-loc rapidly solidifies fluid waste from surgical operations, laboratory testing procedures, and other similar processes, minimizing the risk of exposure to dangerous pathogens for healthcare workers, patients, and lab personnel.
- Available in bottle & dissolvable film packs
- Various sizes available
- Rapid solidification for improved safety
Similar to the original Zap-Loc, but with addition of a treatment agent for elimination of infectious microbes within the fluid being absorbed. Further reduces potential spread of infection and eliminates need for incineration in some states.
- Available in bottles and dissolvable packs
- Available in various sizes
- Kills infectious microbes on contact
Superabsorbent Polymers (SAP) in Powder Form have been used for decades to provide water blocking functionality required for under-ground and under-water cable application. Characteristics include:
- Variety of particle size distributions available
- Applied using dusting electro-static deposition and other methods
- Custom blends with other components available
Water-soluble hot melt adhesives containing superabsorbent powders for applications directly on to various cable components. Some characteristics include:
- Adhesion functionality
- Improves housekeeping (reduces dusting)
- Very clean and controlled deposition
- Available in tacky and non-tacky finish
Superabosrbent Polymers provides a viscous gel minimizing leakage of accidentally ruptured hot and cold packs commonly used in refrigerated shipping/storage and sports therapy applications. Both the SAP and gel can be optimized for processing and end performance requirements through the use of particle size distributions or specific blends.
- Available in food grade quality
- Minimizes leakage of punctured packs
- safe disposal or re-use
The core capability of Zappa Stewart is the ability to custom grind and sieve SAPs into specific particle size distribution ranges. Custom blending is also a capability when additional functionality is required.
- Wide range of particle size distributions available
- Narrow particle size distributions are also available
- Blending with other functional powders
We offer a wide range of standard and custom packaging options. Superabsorbent powders are available in standard 2 kg, 25 kg bags, and 1000 kg supersacks. Smaller or other customer specified packaging also available. All packaging is seal in moisture/humidity resistant containers.
- Easy to handle
- Adaptable to the customer application
- Protected from moisture and/or contamination